Monday, February 14, 2011

Spring Cleanings


This weekend in Northern California brought some beautiful weather, mid-seventies and tons of sunshine. Spectacular! There were even some cherry trees starting to blossom-- a sign of the first glimpse of Spring and the warmer weather to come. As I worked in my yard and around my patio enjoying the sun and the warm breeze, I began to mentally make a list of all my "spring cleaning" items. There is just something about the newness and the freshness of the season that inspires me to regroup, reorganize, and prepare myself for the next things that life will bring.

Of course by the end of my brainstorming session the list always ends up consisting of far more than just a few chores that need to be done. It sort of evolves into a list of personal things I need to accomplish as well, including things such as appointments that I've been meaning to get scheduled. As much as I try to stay on track with my own family's medical and dental appointments, they sometimes get delayed during life's daily craziness.

So this year for my spring cleaning, I've organized my whole family for "Spring Cleanings" with our dental office. The timing is perfect ( after the hectic holiday months and before our busy summer schedule) and it will put us all off to a great, healthy start for the new season. Best part is that in 6 months when it's time for our next visit, it will be in the fall, before life gets too crazy again!

I encourage you all to organize your "spring cleanings", too. And then smile, because warm weather and a healthier you are just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment